Modified on: Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 8:24 PM
Bizplan allows you to create unlimited numbers of company in one account.
Each company has a separate Business Plan and Financial Model.
After creating a new account, you'll be automatically redirected to the new company creation process.
Create a new company
- At any point in the application, you can click on the Companies menu in the bottom left corner. Click on the New Company link.
- Enter the name of your company. This is the only required field on this page. The name will be used to display across the application, as well as in the Business Plan output. However, you may choose to override the Business Plan company title.
- Choose your industry by starting to type a keyword – the results will automatically filter the list.
- Choose your company's legal formation, if it already exists.
- Enter the date the company was founded.
- For users outside of the US, changing the country will automatically display the corresponding currency format in the financial sections.
- Enter the date your plan is intended to begin on. This will affect when projections begin to calculate in your financial model.
- Choose a company stage that indicates your company's current status.
- For established companies with existing locations, click on the + symbol under the the Locations section to add a new location. Enter a title into the Name field and the address in the Address field.
- As with Locations above, click on the + symbol to add a record for each owner in the company – specifying percent of ownership and shares owned.
- Click on the Save button to create the new company.
- You will be redirected to the financial section to begin creating your model. Alternatively, if you can click on the "Business Plan" link in the left side menu to work on writing your plan instead.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?